Pages

vlc silence between tracks in playlist, solution?

INTRO Vlc the famous cross platform media player, being used vlc for almost any media playing(videos or audio), when I started to use playlist functionality,, I found a something annoyed me .. which is the silence between tracks....... I'm referring to vlc version 1.1.3 on Linux, I don't know if the newer versions or other  platforms  are the same..

Problem:  for example you have track1.mp3 and track2.mp3 when you hit next while playing track1.mp3 vlc highlighted track2.mp3  and got silent for a while  then playing track2.mp3 started., during this silence period.. you'll see the track time length will appear dashes like this --:--:--

this seems like loading.. isn't it?! well maybe its..

after trying most options if not all in vlc.. I get the silence between tracks disappear and  next track start instantly

Solution was to change the output audio module from "Default" to "Alsa Audio Output" : 
from this 





to this





and save, enjoy continuous playback ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment